Google has made some changes and it has caused some sites more than a few headaches. Like a lot of search engines, though, making changes and updating guidelines is just what has to be done.
These updates are intended to improve the way sites are ranked and as a way to bring viewers relevant search results. But when these changes deal with algorithms, it can certainly shake things up.
It can cause a site to take a hard hit in their rankings. It can also cause the site to get booted out of their once higher search engine results. This shakeup was done for the purpose of catching sites that don’t follow the rules.
But unfortunately, the sites that were following the rules ended up also taking a hit. You’ll know if your site got hit by any of the Google updates because you may notice that either your ranking dropped or your organic traffic did. There are few reasons this might have happened.
The updates made by Google were looking at sites, checking for specific things. Sites that had the same content on the majority of the pages were penalized. This was supposed to be geared toward sites that say the same thing on the most of their pages.
But it ended up also penalizing legitimate sites. SEO Enigma Reloaded takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out how to keep your sites from getting penalized. The program will show you what works and what you should avoid.
If you’re promoting a product and you have the same wording as everyone else who is also promoting that product, then that will end up being caught. Not because it’s wrong of you to use describe the product the same way, (because after all, there’s only so much you can say about the same product) – but because the content was identical.
You can fix this issue by having unique content. Even if you’re talking about the same product, don’t use the same words. That means, you should not copy and paste what’s being said about the product. Put it in your own words.
If you have a lot of pages but not a lot of content, this could also harm you in terms of ranking and traffic because it doesn’t benefit visitors. Also, you need to have a decent amount of content above the fold.
Big fonts that take up the majority of space above the fold will get you busted if it hasn’t already. The reason is because you have huge words taking up all of that space, so you’re not giving enough content when the visitor first lands, allowing them to judge the benefit of your site.
You might have a lot of it below the fold where you talk about the benefits of the product, but you need more above the fold (before the visitor has to start scrolling).
To notice the changes, all you have to do is type something in the Google search box. You’ll see that the huge ads that used to be highlighted at the top of the search results are no longer highlighted. This change is so that people’s attention is drawn to the ad rather than other sites.
You can fight these changes by having quality content on your pages. Limit your ads and look at your backlinks. Since you get fewer characters now for your search, make sure that your headline stands out.
10 Top Tips for SEO Success
Consider the following ten tips. They will help you to create a website that performs the way that you want it to. They will help you to have success with search engine optimization so that your website ranks well in the search engines. These ten tips can help you to find the success you are after.
• Take the time to write a website that is for your readers first and foremost. Not only does this help with SEO but it will also keep your readers coming back time and time again.
• Do keyword research. You do need to know what people are looking for on the web if you want to be able to interact with them. Use tools to help you to accomplish this.
• Use important keywords in the headline of any blog post, article or piece of web content. You also want to include these keywords in your page headings including in your category organization.
• Do create a sitemap. Sitemaps help with search engine ranking and they help you readers to find the information that they need. They are easy to create, too.
• Do check your website for broken links. Not only will broken links hurt your website itself because your readers are unable to get around, but your search engines are unable to index your site if they cannot get through your links.
• Invest the time in finding others to build a link building relationship with. You want to have quality websites pointing links back to your website so that you can benefit from the increased traffic and from the improved ranking benefits.
• Do use keywords in your text but use them naturally, like the way you would talk. You do want to use keywords close to the beginning and end of the text, but you do want to avoid overstuffing keywords.
• It is better to write well than to consider keyword density.
• Choose a handful of keywords to include in your site and stick with them. Do focus on long tail keywords as these get more targeted results.
• Do market your website through commenting on blogs and visiting forums. You want others to actually get to know you so they want to get to know your site.
These ten tops can help you to build a site that features more keyword success. Focus on search engine optimization that builds a great site.
Is Your Website Hurting Your SEO
If you have taken the time to create a website that is well organized and fills the needs of your search engine optimization goals but you are not getting the results you want, before you become overwhelmed or frustrated, consider some of the problems that you could be experiencing. It is quite common for websites to have small things that are a problem that can be easily fixed that will create an incredible result. There are other things that can take a bit more time to build on. Keep in mind the following tips for building your business by first focusing on the mistakes on your site holding back your optimization.
Answer the following questions to find out if your website could be hurting your optimization
• Is your website just plain junk? In other words, does it only contain worthless information for the reader?
• Does your website contain information that is out of date or that is otherwise not useful to the reader right now?
• Does the website offer poor organization? If it is confusing to get from one page to the next or does not have an overall theme that is organized, that could be hurting your site, too.
• Does your website provide your readers with a call to action? In other words, does it tell them what they need to do right now to get the results they are after?
• Does your website cost too much right now? In many ways, it can be expensive to run a website but you do not have to have an expensive monthly bill to actually have an effective and well performing website.
• Is your website providing information that is too generic or to broad in nature?
• Does your website provide the reader with a solution to their problem? Most people head online to get an answer to their problem.
If you answered yes to these questions or even to just one, you already know what you need to do to rank better in search engines. The key is to remember that you are writing for your readers not for the search engines. When you get that bit of information in line, you can then begin to count on your search engine optimization skills. The focus point needs to be your reader and ranking will come naturally from that point on for your website. Choosing The Right Keywords for SEO Once you have taken the time to develop a full list of keywords to use for your website, you may be facing thousands of keywords. Many times, this type of research can take your website in numerous directions. For the first time website developer or the business owner hoping to create an effective website for their business and to compete against the ever expanding web, there is no doubt that having the right keywords matter. However, the task of paring down your keyword options to find just those that are vital and effective for your website can be a big task itself.
Take each of the keywords you have come up with and create a chart or a matrix. This process is one of the best ways for you to pare down your options in keywords and to create an effective
and well balanced website that works for your particular needs.
Analyze the terms you have listed in the chart. There are several things to look for in doing this:
• Determine where the most valuable keywords are. This means determining which keywords most relate to the theme of your website. If you sell car parts, for example, using that term is going to be important.
• Determine where the traffic is. By looking at which keywords are important to your business and then ranking them by their importance in rank by how many types people type them into a search engine, you can really start to see the value of some words over others.
• Determine where the keywords are that are going to convert for you. Converting may mean getting sign ups or getting people to purchase from you. In the car parts example, the word car parts for sale may be an important keyword to use throughout your website, depending on how well it ranks against others similar.
The goal in creating this type of chart is to give you more information and comparison tools to help you to choose the keywords that are going to achieve your goals for the website. There are many different terms out there and sometimes it is not uncommon to have 10,000 or more keywords that could relate to the website. However, that does not mean that you should use all of those words. Rather, you want to compare your options by traffic, relevancy as well as conversions to make decisions.
Optimizing Content For SEO And Readability
How do you write content that is ideal for seo? There are many factors that play a role in the quality of content you write. You do want to use keywords, but looking beyond this, you also want to consider the actual structure of what you are writing. Take a step back and consider the way you were taught to write, where the first paragraphs provide a broad bit of knowledge and a lead in and the rest of the content provides more specific information. What this does is draw your reader deeper into the text and it keeps those all important keywords in the first paragraph of the document, too.
There are several things to keep in mind about this style of writing. To help you, consider these tips:
• Ensure that your first paragraph describes the content that is to follow. You want this paragraph not to be news like in that it provides the most important information first, but it should give an indication of what is to come.
• Be sure to include keywords in this first paragraph but there is no benefit nor any reason to overdo it. It simply will not help you to get what you are looking for.
• In the next paragraph, begin to expand the content further. You want to keep drawing in the reader so that he or she moves farther into the text. You will likely begin to repeat some of your keywords here, but do not put too many in.
• Keep providing more specific information down into the article. You want to provide something new with each line or paragraph to keep the reader reading. If you are too redundant, chances are good that they will cut off their reading and move on.
• Do use the last paragraph of your document to sum up and to give direction. You want them to keep reading but you also want them to perform the action that you need. Therefore, include any information here you need to in order to get an action.
When you follow this type of organization for content, you are not only organizing the information for the reader, but you are also naturally including the important keywords where they need to be. That can help you to accomplish all of your goals from seo to overall readability and effectiveness of meeting the reader’s needs and getting the results you need.
Keywords In Text
There is a great deal of benefit to building a website that fits your client’s or reader’s needs. You will create a site that naturally includes the most important keywords to it. However, for search engine optimization, it also makes sense for you to invest in a website that does use keywords. Keywords are the words that others type into search engines to help them to increase page rank in the search engine results pages. For that reason, you need to know how to use those keywords.
Use them naturally. That is the first and the most important rule. Do not try to put too many keywords into your articles and blog posts because that creates something that is not valuable to the reader and the search engines will penalize you for doing that. However, most gurus will tell you that there are a few tips to using keywords. These tips will help you to use keywords where they are most important to the next.
• Keywords should be in headlines. This will greatly improve the results you get.
• Use keywords within the first 90 characters of any article, piece of content or blog posts.
Use just one in this way.
• Use a keyword in a subheading at some point through the content.
• Use a keyword in the last paragraph of a website.
• Use keywords where they fit naturally throughout the rest of the text.
As you can see, this is not necessarily a lot of keywords and it can be one of the worst things holding you back. Keep in mind that keywords can be one of the best resources for the web, but only if you use them properly. In other words, you do not want to focus on keywords that do not provide any value to your reader. Be sure that every line works to add something of value to your reader. You also want to keep all information valuable and avoid any duplicate content. When you put all of these pieces together, you increase page rank in the search engines. You also end up with a stronger website because it should have a concentration of quality content that you readers can read and enjoy. Keep in mind that any type of keyword is going to be a good option, but only if it is used properly and not too much within the necessary context of any article or piece of content.
The Importance of Quality Content for SEO
One of the most common misconceptions is that in order to rank well for SEO you have to have pages and pages of content that are packed with keywords and phrases that relate to your topic. While it is very true that you do need to have a high quality design to your website that does incorporate important keywords, it is not true that you need to pack the website with too many keywords. In fact, quality content is much more important to most website owners anyway. In fact, quality content makes a difference to search engines too.
One thing to realize is that website owners now need to focus on quality content more so than just seo terms. The fact of the matter is, quality content is not just something your readers want and expect to have, but it is also something that the search engines are learning from. Search engines like Google and Yahoo, for example, now have complex software programs that not only provide readers with the right website by using keywords but they also understand language. In fact, these programs are designed to actually keep learning language. If your website is jam packed with useless information but has a great deal of keywords related to your topic, you will not fool these search engines. In most cases, you will see that your seo results are not anywhere near what they could be.
However, many website owners fail to see this and they jam pack the website even more so with keywords believing that they may not have the right information at all. The key, on the other hand, is to write quality content that relates to your readers. In fact, after you have done all of the work to get the reader to your page, the last thing you want to do is to not encourage them to stay there and to perform the action that you want them to! Provide them with valuable information and chances are good they will stick around for the long haul. That is something you most definitely want to happen.
Instead of packing keywords with just basic information, provide quality content. Be sure that you avoid over stuffing your website with keywords. Focus less on density and more on quality content. In the end, that is what matters the most when it comes to improving your website’s functionality.
What is SEO?
Exploring SEO, or search engine optimization, is something that every business owner needs to do if he or she wishes to create a website that is highly effective for their particular needs. SEO is the method of optimizing a website so that it responds better to the search engines. You will make both internal and external changes to the website, or implement these methods from the
start, that will increase the amount of traffic that flows to the website from search engines. There are many aspects of SEO that should be implemented and there are many schools of
thought in terms of what the right way to optimize a website should be. Some experts believe a very narrow approach should be taken while others believe that a more general approach is the
better route to go.
SEO is the process of installing systems within your website that will show the search engines that the website is valuable to the person who is typing in the search. The search engines rate websites by how effective the website is at providing quality information. Without the use of these methods, websites with very little real information could be viewed by the searcher, reducing his or her chances of finding the information the searcher needs to make the decision he or she needs. In other words, by using search engine optimization, you develop a website that is effective at meeting the searcher’s needs which makes the search engines direct more traffic to your website.
Most of the traffic, or visitors, to a website will come from the search engines Google, Yahoo!, MSN and AskJeeves, though there are many others. Each of these search engines has specific features it looks for in websites to determine how valuable they are to the person searching for content, information or resources. Your job, as the website owner or developer, is to design a website that proves to these search engines that the site is valuable. By doing this, you increase the number of people coming to the site and increase your business’s success online. Keep in mind that SEO practices are not abusive of search engine guidelines but they are tailored to help encourage a balance of quality content with effective keywords and design. By learning SEO, you allow your website the ability to excel on the web. Without it, you may have a hard time getting the visitors you want to the site.
How Search Engines Work
One of the most important things to understand about search engine optimization or SEO is how search engines work. It is because of how they work that you will need to implement some SEO
rules into your website to get the desired results you are looking for. Search engines use a list of critical operations that allow them to determine how information is found in their system. Once
you understand how search engines work, it is easier to know how to ensure your website fits within their methods.
One of the things that search engines do is to crawl the web. These are automated programs that are often referred to as spiders or bots. They crawl throughout the web and take a look at each of the documents and pages of websites that make up the web. It is important to note that these bots work, but they often work slower than the pace of the web. Some estimates show that of the 20 billion pages on the web, spiders have crawled through only half of them, if that. Processing queries is another function of the search engine and that is something that most people are familiar with. When you log into your system and punch in a search for information online, the search engine looks through its massive index of websites and documents and matches your query with the websites that seem to best fit it. Often, the phrase or terms within the website are found on the page in the manner that the searcher is looking for.
Yet another way that these search engines work is through indexing documents and pages. As mentioned, when the spiders crawl through your page, they gather important information about it and then they store these pages in an index. When someone searches for information relevant to the website, such as with the use of key phrases, this ultimately leads the search engine to work through billions of documents in seconds to produce a list (search engine results page) of options for the searcher.
Ranking is also an important process for search engines. In short, all of those indexed pages are ranked by how valuable they are to the searcher. The algorithm used is complex and impossible to know specifically, but through SEO practices and rules, we do know some of these factors, which are critical for you to understand if you hope to build a successful website.